A round up of what the ROBINN Group have been up to for the month of July.
- We have opened our fund-raising circle to villages between here and Saffron Walden, even making the Walden Local newspaper! We have raised a good amount so far but we still need to raise a lot more, so please do tell friends and family about our campaign. All are welcome to pledge. A very big thank you to all of the villages who have advertised our campaign on their various social media pages, increasing our geographical reach. We will be setting up our own social media channels in the coming weeks. We invite anyone with skills in this area to contact us to volunteer with help in designing such pages as Instagram, Facebook and a website please?
- We have further engaged with the Plunkett Foundation who are currently supporting us on the design of our prospectus.
- We now have a Secretary and Legal Adviser as part of the steering group but the search continues for a volunteer to fill the role of Treasurer. Please send us an email should you have these skills and the time.
- We are in the process of being approved by the FCA as a Limited company. This should be completed in the next 2 weeks.
- Our pre-application was accepted by the government for the Community Ownership Fund (COF). We have now been invited to apply for a grant. If successful it would take around 4-5 months for the grant to be credited. The fund raising through the ROBINN Community Benefit Society (shares sale) is the preferred funding stream as this will allow us to proceed with the purchase in the shorter term along with other potential grants.
So as you can see it has been a very busy but productive few weeks!
We ask for the pledges to continue and please use word of mouth to spread news of our campaign.
Finally, just a quick thank you to everyone for helping with this campaign by pledging but also for all your very kind messages! This is not an easy journey to be on but your kind words of encouragement and support are ever motivational.