The Hempstead War Memorial was unveiled and dedicated by Lieut. Gen. Sir Francis Lloyd on the 4th July 1925 .
For many years Alan Weedon took the role of carer and maintainer. A refurbishment of the surrounding area was agreed by the Parish Council in 2009 and having secured the required funds, a new rear boarding and hedge was installed by the Hempstead & District Gardeners’ Club and new paving was introduced in 2010, removing the old shrubs and uneven slabs.
28th July 1914 – 11th November 1918
Frank Edgar Andrews
Hugh Charles Colman
Arthur Macdonald Purkiss
Arthur William Turner
1st September 1939 – 2nd September 1945
Francis Harley Bridgman
Cecil John Gibbs