MINUTES OF MEETING HELD ON 12 OCTOBER
were taken as read and signed as a correct record by the Chairman.
98. Dog litter bin still to be erected – needs to be closer to the highway for emptying. Possible sites were discussed. Mr Haylock will check with the relevant landowner and endeavour to complete this before next meeting. – Action DH
99. Mrs Dittrich has delivered old minute books etc to Alan Weedon who will take them to Essex Record Office – Action AW
- A survey on village amenities had been received and Miss Frost agreed to complete. It was agreed not to reply to a NHS survey on pharmacy provision. A letter re 2011 Elections was noted and it was agreed to consider this in the early part of next year. – Action DF
- North Uttlesford Community Forum
no meeting since last report
- Parish Planning Workshop
no meeting since last report.
- West Essex Area Forum
Mr Haylock may be able to attend the next meeting – Action DH
- Walden in Transition
no meeting attended since last report
Village Green Issues
Mr Haylock reported the transfer of land issue was near completion with Land Registry advising on one minor issue of name change. Mr McCarthy to sign appropriate documents. – Action DH/SM
An appeal had been made in the newsletter. No action had been noted so far.
Miss Frost reported that the level had dropped significantly. It was agreed to monitor this over the winter and consider if action is needed next year.
The following accounts were approved for payment and a cheques drawn up:
|Balance of Salary and Gratuity
|B D Kitchen
|Website maintenance – Oct 2010
|War Memorial paving materials
Received Community Grant for £937.50, £1250 for grass cutting and £100 from sale of surplus paving slabs
Banking bank forms were distributed and signed to update the banking mandate, to include new signatories and set up the new clerk on the system
Mr McCarthy to write to Simon Welsh as no progress seems to have been made with Highways Dept. It was also agreed that the clerk should contact Highways asking if they could attend the next council meeting to progress the matter. – Action SM/ML
Mr Drane reported that UDC had attended speedily to potholes. He is also raising the issues of salt and grit supplies, speed limits and the erratic behaviour of the speed signs.
Incidents of apparently illegal motorbike riding were discussed and it was agreed to encourage members of the public to report incidents to the police.
Cutting now complete and achieved under budget. Miss Frost to complete end of year paperwork – Action DF
Headland Management Scheme
Mr Haylock was continuing to explore this issue with Adam Jenkins. – Action DH
(Mr Haylock and the Clerk declared Interests) Letters had been received from Judith Ewer and Highways Dept. concerning the status of this route and it was agreed that the Chairman would write to the Ramblers’ Association and the SW Footpaths Association to make them aware of plans to upgrade this footpath to a bridleway.
- Brick wall at Long Corner
Mr Haylock had discussed the problem with Brian Ray. A blocked drain and water splashing onto the brickwork had caused deterioration. The District Surveyor and Highways Supervisor had been contacted – Action DH
Website – Miss Frost had provided Brian Kitchen with a brief and the update was nearing completion. – Action DF
To be reviewed in November.
A letter had been received from the Enforcement Officer concerning the Alleged Breach of Planning at The Barn Hempstead Hall. The letter indicated no further action and the closing of the file. It was considered that there could be some misunderstanding as to the exact body of water being referred to. Mr McCarthy agreed to take up the matter with the Enforcement Officer. – Action SM/DF
AGM was held 22 October.
Future meeting dates – 8pm Wednesday 8 December 2010 8pm Thursday, 6 January 2011, 3rd February 2011 and 17 March 2001.
The meeting closed at 9.40pm.