ELECTION OF CHAIRMAN
The Council unanimously re-elected Mr McCarthy as Chairman of the Council for 2009/10 and he duly signed the Acceptance Of Office Register. Mr McCarthy thanked his fellow Councillors for their continued support and congratulated them on a very successful year just past.
REVIEW OF REGISTER OF INTERESTS
The Clerk duly provided all the councillors with a copy of the most recently submitted declaration of interests for review. Various amendments were made and the Clerk will advise Uttlesford District Council accordingly. – Action CD
ALLOCATION OF SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
In view of the number of projects progressing at the moment, the Chairman suggested that the responsibilities of the councillors remain as follows:
|Police & Neighbourhood Watch Liaison, Footway
|Emergency Plan, Village Hall Representative
|Airport and Environmental Issues
There were no objections so the Clerk was asked to ensure that the current list was on the website and the notice board. The details also need to be sent to Ambo. Review of the Plans and Objectives for the year was carried forward to the next meeting. – Action CD
NOMINATION OF PROPER OFFICER & RESPONSIBLE FINANCIAL OFFICER
The Clerk was unanimously confirmed as both Proper Officer and Responsible Financial Officer to the Parish Council.
MINUTES OF MEETING HELD ON 2 APRIL 2009
were taken as read and signed as a correct record by the Chairman.
from previous Minutes, not dealt with in the main agenda.
there were none.
|information received on courses available – Clerk to ask Mr Drane if he is able to attend the Training Day on 2 June – Action CD
|ECC – notice of tree work application at Bellropes – Clerk to advise there is no objection – Action CD
|information received about group insurance scheme – Mr Sladen to investigate further, possibly to obtain a quote – Action JS
|letter of thanks for congratulations
|Helions Bumpstead’s footpath rep –advising that the lottery application papers had been dropped off in a visit to Hempstead – Miss Frost will investigate further – Action DF
|Mrs R Vickary
|complaining of excessive speeds in Bramley Hollow – Clerk to reply – Action CD
|Mr Haylock tabled a copy of a letter from the EA to a local resident stating that the obstruction in the stream had been reduced to their satisfaction – Mr Sladen was to ensure that other concerned residents were aware – Action JS
- North Uttlesford Community Forum
no meeting since last report
- Parish Planning Workshop
no meeting since last report
- West Essex Area Forum
no meeting since last report
- Miss Frost reported on a Walden in Transition meeting entitled “The Last Oil Shock” – speaker David Strachan of the Oil Depletion Analysis Centre. Report provided to councillors. There is an Open Meeting planned for 2pm on Sunday 31 May at the Day Centre, Jubilee Gardens, Saffron Walden
ANNUAL PARISH MEETING
The Clerk was asked to ensure 30 copies of the Agenda, Annual Report, 2008/09 Accounts and Finance Report were available for the meeting. Mr McCarthy and the Clerk will be at the hall at 7.45pm to put out some chairs and tables.
Village Green Issues
Mr Haylock had yet to receive the information from Lloyd Simpson (Legal and Registration Services, ECC). Mr Haylock will continue to pursue the matter. Mr Haylock reported that EALC offered free legal advice which the Council may need to use in future with regard to adverse possession. Mr Haylock will liaise with the Clerk on this matter. – Action DH/CD
Approval of the full council was given for the following payment since the previous meeting:
|M J Halls
|Refurbishment of Drinking Fountain
The following accounts were approved for payment and cheques drawn up:
|Grass cutting (including churchyard)
|Website registration with UK-2 Ltd for 2 years
|Village Clear Up Day refreshments
|Saffron World – replacement glass for notice board
An invoice had been received from R Mercer for repair of the posts and chain around the War Memorial. Mr McCarthy will contact the residents for reimbursement of this bill. – Action SM
Joe Bicheno, Traffic Engineer ECC had advised Mr McCarthy that the environmental report was still outstanding following the review of trees by Ann Hooper, ECC in March. He also confirmed that there had been no news with regard to funding on the footway project.
Mr McCarthy advised there was a Planned Parish Visit due imminently and a number of items were discussed for inclusion to the list that Mr McCarthy will submit to Highways. – Action SM
There being no major development on all other items they were carried forward to the next meeting.
Virtually all finger posts and planks were now in place. It was decided that the map would be distributed with the June Newsletter and Diary. Following discussion, it was decided the inaugural walk would be held on Monday 31 August. Invitations etc to be discussed at the next meeting. – Action DF
Miss Frost to contact contractor to arrange first cut as soon as practicable. Miss Frost had been approached by Radwinter for information regarding P3, which she had provided. Mr Drane to pursue the possibility of Hempstead controlling the sub-contracting of verge cutting. – Action DF/DD
- Drinking Fountain
Work is completed and the drinking fountain looks fantastic. However, there is a small leak – Mr Haylock will liaise with Mr Halls. A plaque had been received from Essex Heritage – Mr Sladen will attach it accordingly. – Action DH/JS
- Damage to Posts at War Memorial
Mr Weedon will chase Mr Mercer regarding the outstanding chains. – Action AW
- Village Sign
to be discussed at next meeting. Mr Weedon will clean plaques and Mr McCarthy will repaint the capping. – Action AW/SM
A further new councillor is needed. (Post meeting note – Mrs Scott has agreed but due to other commitments will be unable to join until September.)
Website – all seems to be in order
Newsletter – next newsletter deadline 20 May 2009
Mr Sladen reported on a very useful meeting at UDC.
- UTT/1803/08/FUL – Lakehouse Farm
no decision to date
- UTT/0444/09/FUL & UTT/0445/09/LB – Anser Cottage
- A letter had been received from ECC regarding two proposals they had received to alter 2 footpaths to bridle ways. Mr Haylock declared an interest and did not participate. Following discussion, the Clerk was asked to write to confirm no objection to proposal 715 – change to FP51 from Boytons Lane to Hophouse Farm. There was strong objection to 716 which is a change to FP11. These paths have just been new realigned with the agreement of the Ramblers Association and Footpath Association, who agreed to the change of route of the footpath on the understanding that there would be no further changes. FP5 has been deleted following the recent realignment. The Clerk was asked to send a copy of the Hempstead Footpath map with the reply. – Action CD
A grant for £5,000 for 100 new chairs and fire proof blinds has been received. Well done to Mr Sladen and the Village Hall Management Committee.
There was nothing to report.
Future meeting dates – Thursday 18 June (altered), Thursday 16 July and Thursday 13 August 2009.
Annual Meeting – Friday 15 May 2009
The meeting closed at 10.05pm.