The meeting started at 8.00pm
APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
County Councillor Simon Walsh
District Councillor Simon Howell
REPORTS OR CONTRIBUTIONS FROM DISTRICT AND COUNTY COUNCILLORS
Councillor Walsh had sent a report that had been circulated to councillors. There were no matters arising
MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING HELD Thursday January 18, 2018
These were agreed to be an accurate account of the meeting and signed
There were none not covered elsewhere
Vine Cottage: Application to replace sash windows on the front elevation on a listed building required no comments to be passed to the planning department.
Road Safety Bin Stickers: Ms Ridgway had asked if it was considered a good idea to get further copies of the road safety bin stickers for properties on the High Street. The Council supported the idea and the Clerk would contact Ms Ridgway to ask her to obtain more stickers
Defibrillators: Ms Frost had contacted the Council to ask if they would consider the siting of defibrillator in the village in view of the distance of any emergency help. The Council agreed that it was a good idea and the Clerk would gather information on the implications and likely costs
A vacancy had occurred at the Almshouses on Church Hill which would be advertised on the noticeboard and possibly the newsletter.
HIGHWAYS AND PUBLIC RIGHTS OF WAY
David Drane reported that the speed indicator sign was now working but no progress had been made on the potholes that he had been chasing via County Councillor Simon Walsh. He confirmed that potholes in Wincelow Hall Rd were on his list.
Road Safety schemes: Only the inclusion of a 40mph zone up to Boytons Road had been approved by the local Highways Panel. Mr Welbourn pointed out that one of the excuses for not making Anso Road a 40mph zone given was that traffic recorded in speed surveys did not routinely exceed 40mph. Mr Welbourn argued that this merely reinforced the argument for controls on this road as Community Speed watch often recorded flagrant speeding in the centre of the village of 60mph in a 30mph zone
Fountain refurbishment: The fountain refurbishment had been completed and it was unanimously agreed that Mr Simmons had done a good job.
Mrs McNeill reported that three teams had been set up to map the lesser waterways in the parish. They would report any urgent issues to Essex County Council.
The two attending members of the public raised concerns about the poor drainage in the area of Wood Cottages. Pedestrians are splashed and there is mud, potential damage to walls and flower planters. The drainage problems had increased since the footway through the village was constructed. It had been reported to Highways and assigned a number. However the difficulty with this system was that multiple complaints do not register once a number is allotted so County have no way of gauging the extent or effect of a problem . Mr Sladen agreed to contact Essex to see if the several problems in this area could be addressed. Mr Drane also agreed to try to get some action via County Councillor Walsh.
Litter Pick This had been organised for Sunday March 4th meeting in the centre of the village at 11.00am
Village Sign: The contractor that had originally been asked for a quote had failed to contact the council. It was agreed that the Clerk would ask Mr Simmons who had worked on ther fountain if he could do this work.
The Clerk reported that he had paid invoices to:
|Mick Simmons Fountain Refurbishment: £680
|Radwinter Green Waste Skip one third contribution £374
|PKF Liittlejohn (Last paid audit): £120
Mr McCarthy presented a Chairman’s expenses bill for refreshments at the Clean Up Day of £29 which was agreed by the Council
Neighbourhood watch pages had been updated to include the 101 non-emergency contact number for the emergency services.
Mr Long reported that the Play area planning permission had now been agreed and he has placed a formal order with the company and is negotiating a construction date.
CODE OF CONDUCT
The Code of Conduct updated by Uttlesford District Council was formally approved for adoption by the Parish Council.
Mr David Haylock. The council had been saddened to hear of the death of David Haylock who had served for many years as a Parish Councillor. His extensive local knowledge arising from his long experience of the village will be sadly missed. The Council were unanimous in recording their condolences and expressing sympathy for his family
FUTURE MEETINGS – Thursdays March 15, April 26th and May 31st, all 8pm in the Village Hall. The Annual Parish Meeting will be 1st June at 8pm in the Village Hall.
The meeting closed at 9.05pm