ELECTION OF CHAIRMAN
The Council unanimously re-elected Mr McCarthy as Chairman of the Council for 2005/06. Mr McCarthy thanked his fellow Councillors for their continued support.
REVIEW OF REGISTER OF INTERESTS
Councillors reviewed their entries in the Register of Interests and submitted alterations to be recorded and advised to the District Council. – Action CD
ALLOCATION OF SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
MINUTES OF MEETING HELD ON 19 APRIL 2005
These were taken as read and signed as a correct record by the Chairman.
- Rights of Way
Mr McCarthy, Mr Haylock and Mrs Grimster (Rights of Way Project Co-ordinator) had a meeting with Gordon Hands (Chairman, Local Ramblers Association) who seemed reasonably content with the proposals. He asked that these proposals be drawn onto the definitive map and sent to him. Upon receipt he will ask a surveyor to walk all the paths and report back to him. Copy maps had been ordered from Uttlesford District Council to enable this to be done. Both Mr Hands and Gary White, Definitive Map Manager based at Chelmsford, were pleased with the work done so far. – Action SM/DH, MG
Possible financing avenues to be explored eg DEFRA, CPRE – Action DH
- Highway Matters
Mrs Midgley had contacted Mrs Schneider but despite numerous attempts had been unable to get any response from Paul Hardy.
Miss Frost reported that those who had shown an interest following the ‘advert’ in the newsletter had been invited to a meeting to discuss the extent of what was needed and how best to achieve this. – Action DF
Advertising of the website address was discussed and it was decided that Mr Sladen would pursue, with the Village Hall Management Committee (VHMC), the design and positioning of a sign on the Village Hall and a smaller version could subsequently be put on the bus shelter. – Action JS
- Trafalgar Weekend
Mr Weedon reported that the History Group had taken on the organisation of village events in connection with this anniversary.
REVIEW OF DISCUSSIONS WITH COUNTY AND DISTRICT COUNCILLORS
The Chairman had congratulated Mr Walsh on his recent election victory. Mr McCarthy then briefed Mr Walsh on outstanding issues and requested the support of both Councillors in bringing them to a satisfactory conclusion. The main issues were;
- Speed Limit Extensions – Action SW/SS
- a 40mph limit along the B1054 to meet the 40mph limit coming out of Radwinter
- a 40mph limit along the B1054 towards Steeple Bumpstead to beyond Bramley Hollow
- a 40mph limit along the B1055 to Anso Corner junction
- Footpath scheme – Action SW
to extend the existing footpath, which finishes opposite the village hall entrance, to proceed as far as Harvey Way. It was pointed out that this scheme was thirty years old and that it was a waste of time leaving this project in the Locally Determined Programme. Mr Walsh agreed to find out exactly what stage this project was now at.
- Damage to roadside verges – Action SW/SS
Both Councillors were requested to take up this issue with their respective Environmental Depts. It was further requested that, to raise awareness of the problem, more formal action be taken with heavy vehicle operators and drivers as well as the farming community.
- Flooding of Anso Road (B1055) – Action SW
from Shepherds Cottage to Anso Corner – caused by poor pipework
- Road surface on Boytons Lane – Action SW
very shiny and although scheduled for resurfacing needs to be prioritised to avoid further serious accidents
Mrs Schneider would establish the current position of point a) above and advised that attendance at the Meeting of the Locally Determined Budget could well prove beneficial. Mr Thomas and Mrs Midgley would attend on behalf of the parish council. Mrs Schneider to provide full details. – Action AT/AM, SS
Mr Walsh agreed to look into the above matters and report back. – Action SW
Mrs Schneider reported that Peter Wilcock had taken over as Chair of the District and he has decided to support and encourage youth projects. Please bear in mind for any future projects.
REVIEW OF ANNUAL MEETING
Miss Frost commented that the work of individual councillors should be presented in greater and more positive detail at future AGMs. There was general agreement on this point and it was also decided that the Council would alter the format of the meeting to avoid the reading of minutes and financial detail. It was agreed that this issue would be brought forward in November. – Action ALL
- Mrs Grimster
letter of thanks for tremendous retirement reception.
- John Whitehead
letter of thanks for port presented on his retirement.
- Sue Halstead
requesting no disturbance of wild flowers along the edge of Borough and no cutting back of cover around the pond and over the stream due to nesting birds – all requests were taken on board during Clean Up day
- UDC – Planning Workshop
following discussion it was decided no one need attend.
- Zurich Municipal, Health & Safety Seminar
following discussion it was decided no one need attend.
- UDC re Boytons Lane
Miss Frost referenced UDC rather non-committal correspondence regarding resurfacing of this road
The following accounts were presented for payment and cheques drawn up:
|B. D. Kitchen
|Grass cutting May
|Grass cutting June
|May Newsletter postage
|6 Definitive Maps
|Donation re Newsletter
The Audit Report to be completed and reviewed together with the accounts at the next meeting. – Action CD
- Harvey House, Hempstead Hall – letter sent – no objections
- Quail Cottage – conditional approval
- Bulls Bridge Farm Cottage – conditional approval
- The Russets – alleged breach of restrictions – planning office to investigate further
Miss Frost asked that the driveway be cleared by the VHMC in anticipation of the Best Kept Village judging. – Action JS
Mr Thomas reported the delay by BAA in the project planning for a proposed second runway at Stansted. The original 2011-12 target for construction of a new runway could not be met before 2013 at the earliest.
The dates of the next meetings are 14 June, 21 July and 18 August.
The meeting closed at 9.55pm.