MINUTES OF MEETING HELD ON 13 JULY 2006
were taken as read and signed as a correct record by the Chairman.
from previous Minutes, all dealt with in the main agenda.
|Reply to letter requesting free supply of Biodegradable Kitchen Waste Sacks stating that their use was not compulsory (newspaper or cardboard could be used instead) and free supply would undermine local businesses.
|It was felt unnecessary to take this up.
|RCCE Village Hall Conference
|Mr Sladen may attend.– Action JS
|Essex Heritage Trust AGM
|Notice of date (14/9/06) advised to all.
|UDC Highways Meeting update
|details of meeting with ECC, primarily regarding turning off street lighting.– Action SM
|UDC North Area Panel Meeting
|Mr McCarthy will attend (12/9/06).– Action SM
|UDC Parish Liaison Meeting
|Mr McCarthy will attend (3/10/06).– Action SM
|Essex Police Authority
|Consultative Group Meeting – Mr Thomas may attend (7/9/06)– Action AT
|Nomination form for Buckingham Palace Garden Party – Clerk to submit form nominating Mr McCarthy.– Action CD
DISTRIBUTION OF AMBO AND NEWSLETTER
The current position was discussed and it was decided that a Master Distributor was required. Mr Weedon agreed to take on this role. Mr Weedon will write a letter to all the distributors to ask for direct liaison regarding holiday absences etc to ensure a timely and comprehensive delivery service.– Action AW
Miss Frost has yet to receive copies of the definitive maps to mark up, despite numerous requests to Lisa Cross. Due to the lateness in the season now Miss Frost will chase for the maps and prepare the forms etc for next year.
The lack of verge cutting this year was discussed and it was decided to write to Robin Wallbank (ECC) to express our disappointment in the recent poor service and to ask for confirmation that the tendering system will be promptly administered next year and to ensure two cuts in the future.– Action CD
Mr Sladen had submitted an application to Stansted Airport Community Trust for grant funding (£2,000) for acoustic cladding and is awaiting a reply. Part match funding was already pledged by the Dramatic Society (£500) and the Gardeners Club (£500) and Mr Sladen asked if the Council would consider pledging £500. This was agreed but a second quotation was requested. Mr Sladen is also investigating alternative solutions to the problem.– Action JS
Mr Sladen reported that the Lottery Board were coming for an inspection on 26 September.
The public liability insurance renewal (Zurich Insurance – £738.53) has already been paid due to time restraints, however it was decided that the Clerk should obtain quotes from other insurers to ascertain its competitiveness.– Action CD
The following accounts were approved for payment and cheques drawn up:
|The Gutter Press
|Sign & Graphics Co Ltd
|Ancient Monument Sign
|Stop Stansted Expansion
Lakehouse Farmhouse – UTT/0909/06/LB – Conditional permission granted.
Holmwood – UTT/1036/06/FUL – Conditional permission granted.
Land adjacent Anser Gallows Farm – UTT/1385/06/FUL – Erection of a stable block and feed room and change of use of land from agricultural to grazing land – Clerk to ensure Great Sampford have copy as the property is in that Parish. Mr Sladen will review and comment on the plans.– Action CD/JS
Mr McCarthy has spoken to Sonia Church to chase the outstanding matters – the flashing speed indicator sign has been in for repair and should be with us next week; the deer signs had been ordered, Mr McCarthy will chase in a couple of weeks if not erected. Mr McCarthy will also remind Mr Felgate (once he returns from annual leave) of the outstanding items. Mr Haylock understands that a pallet of sand bags have been authorised for Hempstead.– Action SM
COMMON LAND REGISTRATION
Mr McCarthy is awaiting further documentation.– Action SM
Miss Frost reported that now the summer recess was over the website would be back in full swing. Already a number of summer reports were included and Miss Frost requested everyone endeavour to promptly send reports, photos etc for inclusion.
A list of forthcoming fund raising events was circulated.
Mr McCarthy to put a note in the forthcoming Newsletter asking everyone to check their section of the stream to ensure there are no blockages etc.
TREES OBSCURING VIEW OF CHURCH TOWER
Mr Haylock will review photos to ascertain the areas where it may be possible to open up the view of the Church Tower as many of the surrounding trees have become full and tall.– Action DH
The dates of the next meetings are 19 September, 26 October and 23 November 2006.
The meeting closed at 9:35pm.