MINUTES OF MEETING HELD ON 22 MARCH 2007
were taken as read and signed as a correct record by the Chairman.
from previous Minutes, not dealt with in the main agenda.
- Quality Parish Council
Mr McCarthy had been unable to write to the NALC, due to being abroad, but will do so imminently.– Action SM
- Report on West Essex Area Forum
Miss Frost reported on the recent meeting at which there was considerable dissent with regard to the Highways Department of ECC and calls for them to be more visible and accountable. There were also presentations concerning the need for infrastructure around the development proposals along the M11 corridor with a general feeling of a lack of joined up thinking.
|Request for donation, not felt local enough
|Details of meeting on 17 May, advise Jim Rennie, Neighbourhood Watch– Action CD
|Comm for Rural Communities’ Inquiry: Strengthening the Role of Local Councillors – Clerk to reply:- more support from higher levels, specifically first time response, not holding letter but detailed with action plan/time tables, honest communication that is effective and efficient.– Action CD
|Transport Information Day – 19 June
|Mr McCarthy had received a letter from a resident regarding some disturbing behaviour and requesting the PC‘s help. Mr McCarthy had advised that the best course of action was to make a statement to the police as it was beyond the remit of the PC. Mr Rennie had been advised.
OBJECTIVES AND PLAN 2007/08
Mr McCarthy wished to produce a plan for the year with specific objectives and timetable and appoint councillors as “the champion for the project and the objectives”. It was agreed a meeting would be held before the next Parish Council meeting to specifically discuss objectives and the division of labour – this was set at 8pm on Tuesday 8 May. Everyone was asked to consider the various aims for discussion at this short meeting.– Action ALL
NUMBER 18 BUS
Mrs Midgley had made contact with the parish councils of Radwinter and Steeple Bumpstead (there being no parish council in Sewards End at present). Both were keen to support the Number 18 bus route and agreed to back a coordinated campaign. Mrs Midgley also wrote to Essex County Council to ensure they were aware of our concerns about this route. Currently the route is undergoing a tender process, the outcome of which is due very soon.
The Clerk had written to Mr I Hurwood to obtain a more specific reply in relation to the B1054 and Hill Road being impassable due to the snow on 8 February – to date no reply has been received. The Clerk to chase. Davina Millership, West Area Highways Manager had agreed to attend the May meeting, however she is unable to make our altered May date. The June and July dates have been advised to her and we await her reply.– Action CD
West Area Highways department wrote requesting details of items to be undertaken during the forthcoming Planned Parish Visit. Mr McCarthy and Mr Haylock will complete and submit a list.– Action SM/DH
The kerbing at the bottom of Church Hill had been completed although a gap has been left in line with one of the trees. The Clerk was asked to contact Mr Felgate and establish the reason for this and whether continuous kerbing could be put in place. The repair of the triangles was also to be chased up.– Action CD
Miss Frost reported that our 2007 application had been approved by P3 and Mr Haylock confirmed that cutting of the footpaths had started. Mr McCarthy thanked Miss Frost for all her work in this regard.
Nigel Eley had confirmed that UDC intend to start their cutting programme on 8 May.
Realignment of PRoW – Mr McCarthy and Mr Haylock had reviewed the draft orders sent by Maggie Cox (UDC) and only discovered a few minor amendments. These would be notified to Maggie Cox, who would deal with the next stage after the local elections on 3 May.– Action SM
Renewal of the domain was due and approval was given to continue with UK2.Net for the next 2 years for £152.67.
Carried forward to next meeting
Mr Haylock believed that the most recent leak was repaired and suggested that an architectural adviser be approached to obtain correct maintenance information. This was agreed and Mr Haylock will approach Barbara Bosworth, Listed Buildings Officer (UDC) and/or Essex Heritage Trust.– Action DH
ENGAGING OUR YOUTH/PLAY EQUIPMENT
Miss Frost had spoken to Martin Boughtwood of Great Sampford PC regarding the youth club. This was very popular and as such was unable to accommodate Hempstead youngsters. Further discussion regarding these issues to be carried forward to the next meeting.
The following account was approved for payment and a cheque drawn up:
|UK2.Net domain name – 2yrs to 8/4/09
|Review of Clerk’s salary to be carried forward – awaiting information.
The following two proposals had been received since the last meeting. Both were circulated and the Clerk submitted comments to UDC as appropriate. These are summarised as follows:
Hill Cottage – UTT/0472/07/FUL – a significant additional footprint to the cottage is proposed and the conditions granted to a previous planning consent in 1997 were considered to be relevant.
Agricultural Determination – Field 3900 (off B1055) – P/A/2/14/258 – extension of the screening was needed to reduce the visual impact to Shepherds Cottage and concerns regarding road usage and the increased need for a speed restriction along the B1055.
Mr Sladen reported that the acoustic panels had been delivered and was liaising with Mr Cockman and Mr Boreham in order to arrange for their installation.
Nothing to report.
The dates of the next meetings are 17 May, 19 June and 19 July 2007 and the Annual Assembly on 25 May 2007.