were taken as a correct record and signed by the Chairman.
There were none
Sara Scott has asked for funding for display frames for Jubilee picture. As some contribution had already been made it was thought that other options might be explored first.
Winter Salt Supplies: It was agreed not to replenish these as adequate stocks are being held.
Sustainable drainage consultation was noted.
Register of Interest Forms had been sent back due to the confusing advice from Uttlesford. Councillors present filled in the required section. Mr Weedon and Mrs Scott would complete theirs later.
Invitation to Essex Heritage event was passed to Mr Weedon
Village GreenAwaiting reply from Lloyd Simpson
Community Speedwatch – Although matters are progressing with plenty of volunteers and the purchase of a speed gun some organisational issues remain. The Speedwatch group will need to organise rotas and send reports to the Parish Council.
The Footway Project was now awaiting the Uttlesford Highways Panel meeting on 24 September that the Road Improvement Committee intended attending ‘en bloc’. There was cause for some guarded optimism as the ECC leader had encouragingly described the walking verge as ‘.. an affordable option.’ Costings were being prepared for this meeting. The media campaign was being held in reserve dependent on the outcome of the panel. Subsidence on Anso Road – The dangerous edge to the road where a landslip had occurred has still not been fixed since Easter. The cones keep being knocked into the ditch making a hazardous edge to this already narrow road. David Drane has chased this constantly and apparently a job ticket has been made out but no action seen so far on the repair. It was agreed to ask Couincillor Walsh to add his voice to the council’s concerns. (Action Point: The clerk would email Simon Walsh for his support at the panel meeting and on this issue.) Hedges overgrowing the highway were still an issue and it was agreed that the clerk should again write to the two worst offenders. If necessary the detail can be passed onto Essex Highways for further action.
Cheques were signed as follows
Unipar Services (Radar Speed Gun) £1027.00
Bluebell Inn (Mr S McCarthy, Clean-up day refreshments) £37.50 Clerks Salary
After discussing several options it was decided to increase the Clerk’ salary. The scale point would be adjusted to 22. This was in acknowledgement of the changing nature of the job and the cessation of the gratuity. It was also agreed that the clerk would claim for additional hours at the next meeting.
The gratuity account would be closed and the balance of £130.97 sent to the buffer account
PUBLIC RIGHTS OF WAY
Harry Luff would carry out the second cut in September.
Bramble growth around the Church Hill pond was discussed and the Chairman agreed to look at it.
The website had received 473 hits in July which was a record. Possible improvements were discussed and it was agreed to cost these. (Miss Frost to liaise with Mr Kitchen)
Boytons – The array of photovoltaic cells was agreed not to be a problem as it was not visible from the road. Spitlands Barn – The shed was also not seen as a concern. However the Garden Art pagoda-like structure was thought to be too large, easily seen by other properties and even more visible when the leaves fell in Autumn. It was almost as tall as the Grade II listed barn. The alteration to the shape of the swimming pool was not in itself a problem but being nearer to the house a subsequent application for covering may cause issues later. Fence at Little Orchard – The new fence has been built very near to the road, only 9 inches in some places. It was agreed to ask planning to look at this. (Action Point: The clerk to pass these views onto Planning Department)
The outcome of the grant application to create the patio area to the rear of the village hall will be known late August as quite a number of applications were submitted. Miss Frost and the Chairman agreed to continue to oversee the project if the application was successful.
Overnight parking in the Village Hall car park is still occurring. Mr Sladen is leaving notices on the offenders’ windscreens.
COMMUNITY ACHIEVEMENT AWARD
The forms are being completed and sent off by Friday 17th August
DATES OF FUTURE MEETINGS – Thursdays 6 September, 4 October and 8 November all at 8pm in the Village Hall.
The meeting closed at 9.26pm.
Manage Cookie Consent
To provide the best experiences, we use technologies like cookies to store and/or access device information. Consenting to these technologies will allow us to process data such as browsing behaviour or unique IDs on this site. Not consenting or withdrawing consent, may adversely affect certain features and functions.
The technical storage or access is strictly necessary for the legitimate purpose of enabling the use of a specific service explicitly requested by the subscriber or user, or for the sole purpose of carrying out the transmission of a communication over an electronic communications network.
The technical storage or access is necessary for the legitimate purpose of storing preferences that are not requested by the subscriber or user.
The technical storage or access that is used exclusively for statistical purposes.The technical storage or access that is used exclusively for anonymous statistical purposes. Without a subpoena, voluntary compliance on the part of your Internet Service Provider, or additional records from a third party, information stored or retrieved for this purpose alone cannot usually be used to identify you.
The technical storage or access is required to create user profiles to send advertising, or to track the user on a website or across several websites for similar marketing purposes.